Safety tips for the Fat Tire Golf Scooter (FTGS) include:
NOTE: When parking 2-wheel models they are the most stable when parked on level ground or facing slightly uphill. Parking on side hill or downhill can cause the scooter to roll forward off the stand!
1. Pay attention to your surroundings at all times. Make sure you are comfortable with the throttle and hand brakes before going out on the course.
2. Be careful with your speed. Speed setting III is for accomplished riders in open areas only where there are no obstacles or sharp turns. Use your brakes when going downhill to avoid excessive speed.
3. The FTGS should be kept at least 10 feet from the tees and greens.
4. Do not ever put multiple people on the same FTGS.
5. You are financially responsible for all damage to the FTGS, including but not limited to the cost of complete replacement, shipping costs and lost rental revenue. Be careful and always pay attention.
6. Stay clear of mud, sand, loose dirt or gravel, and water.
7. The FTGS is not a toy and is not to be ridden by children under the age of 18.
8. Do not enter areas that are identified as not safe for the FTGS
9. Never ride down hills that put your safety and the FTGS at risk. Walk your FTGS down steep slopes and areas where advised by the course.
10. Do not take the FTGS over curbs as this can cause serious damage.
11. Do not operate FTGS under the influence of alcohol or drugs.